There's no foolproof crowd-pleasing meal quite like lasagna. But if you have vegetarians or gluten-free eaters in the group, it can be tough to accommodate everyone's needs. Not anymore! This lasagna is gluten-free, packed with veggies, and guaranteed to be a hit - no matter the dietary needs.
2 cups full fat ricotta cheese
1.5 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 9 oz bag frozen spinach, thawed & excess liquid drained
8 oz baby Bella mushrooms
32 oz tomato sauce
12 oz shredded cheese (I used Quattro Formaggio)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté mushrooms in a skillet until browned. Season with 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and 1 tsp Italian seasoning at the end of cooking time.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1 tbsp Italian seasoning.
- In a 9x13 dish, ladle in a layer of tomato sauce.
- Add a layer of the noodles, slightly overlapping (I used 4 per layer).
- Spread 1/2 the ricotta mixture out on top.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the bag of cheese, then 1/2 the spinach and 1/2 the mushrooms.
- Repeat steps 4-7.
- For the last layer, add the lasagna sheets, the last of the sauce & the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes covered in foil. Uncover and cook for an additional 10, broiling for 2 minutes at the end if desired.
Via Silvie / @seasonedbySilvie